Immigration Law

U.S. Companies are increasingly bringing talented foreign national executives, managers, and professionals to the United States while foreign companies have an increasing need to expand their business into U.S. markets.

SAPG represents corporate clients in all phases of the hiring and transfer of foreign nationals – executives, managers, professionals, investors, and performing artists – to the U.S. We also represent individuals, who because of their extraordinary ability in their fields or because of their substantial investments in the United States, do not require corporate sponsorship to immigrate.

We counsel our clients about the best short- and long-term visa strategies for their specific needs. We advise them on a wide range of business immigration matters, including H-1B specialty occupation matters, treaty investor visas, intra-company transferee status, and other types of non-immigrant and permanent residence strategies. We also advise on the retention of permanent residence status and on naturalization matters. We provide advice related to the immigration-related aspects of corporate restructurings, such as mergers and acquisitions, due diligence reviews, divestitures, and other related matters.

B Visa

The B visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the U.S. government to foreign citizens seeking to enter the U.S. for a temporary period. The B visa is divided into two types, the B-2 Visitor visa and the B-1 Business Visitor visa.

The B-2 Visitor visa allows you to enter the U.S. to engage in tourism, vacation, or visiting friends and family.

E-1 and E-2 Visas

The E-1 and E-2 visas are non-immigrant visas issued by the U.S. government to foreign citizens seeking to enter the U.S. to work temporarily. The E-1 is a Treaty Trader visa, while the E-2 is a Treaty Investor visa.

Treaty visas are based on treaties of commerce and navigation between the U.S. and certain countries.

EB-5 Visa

The EB5 immigrant employment-based visa category is for individuals who wish to reside permanently in the United States with the intent of creating or developing a business enterprise in the U.S. The EB5 visa category allows for conditional residency for persons who invest $1 million (or under certain circumstances $500,000) in a new commercial enterprise that employs 10 U.S. citizens or authorized immigrant workers full-time and engage in the business through day-to-day management or policy formation.

H-1B Visa

The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa, subject to a lottery, which allows U.S. employers to recruit and employ foreign professionals in specialty occupations. This program provides the opportunity for foreign workers to legally work in the U.S. if they possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a specialty occupation or a Bachelor’s equivalent; this requirement can be met by demonstrating extensive employment experience in a related field or a combination of employment experience and post-secondary education.


I-visa, generally referred to as the “Media Visa,” are intended for representatives of the foreign media, including members of the press, radio, film, and print industries, traveling temporarily to the United States to work in their profession engaged in informational or educational media activities, essential to the foreign media function. I-visa applications are prepared at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in applicant’s home country without first filing a petition with USCIS. I-visas are typically issued for one year and unlimited extensions may be granted in one-year increments.

J-1 Visa

Exchange visitor (J-1) visas are nonimmigrant visas for individuals approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States. The J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, allows foreign nationals to visit the United States temporarily to study, observe, and train in a specific field or industry. Applicants must possess either a Bachelor’s degree or five years of work experience, provided such training is not available in their home country. Before you can apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a J-1 visa, you must first apply for and be accepted into an exchange visitor program through a designated sponsoring organization. Such training cannot exceed a period of 18 months.

L-1 Visas

The L-1A and L-1B visas are non-immigrant visas issued by the U.S. government to foreign citizens who are intra-company transferees seeking to enter the U.S. to work temporarily. The L-1A visa is for managers or executives while the L-1B visa is for employees with specialized knowledge.

O Visas

O-1 visas are available to individuals demonstrating extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics (O-1A) or individuals demonstrating a record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry (O-1B). There is also the O-2 visa which is for foreign nationals who plan to enter the United States to accompany O-1 aliens in the arts, motion picture and television industry, as well as athletics.


Our Approach

Immersing ourselves in our clients industry, we focus on becoming a true business partner to our clients. Allowing us to provide businesses with innovative insight into their legal matters, remedying issues, and promoting the growth of their markets.

Our International Presence

A global reach allows our team to operate in every major market worldwide. Years of experience provide us with insight into international and local regulations. Acting as a single team allows us to share our experience on a global scale. We combine these three points to bring intrinsic value to businesses.

Our Team

With attorneys worldwide, our team leads industries in multiple fields. Constantly challenging themselves, there is no such thing as “good enough” in their work. Bringing creative legal strategies to each matter, our team excels in making aspirations a reality.


Legal matters can be complicated, our team is ready to simplify them.

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.